Scheck Industries is authorized by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) for assembly of Power boilers (S certificate), manufacture of unfired pressure vessels (U), and fabrication and installation of pressure piping (PP).
Quality control has been an integral part of Scheck Industries since the Company began in 1984. We continuously upgrade our quality programs and in addition, we are authorized by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors to perform repairs and/or alterations to power boilers and pressure vessels (certificate R).
Quality Control Records Management System (QCRM)
Scheck Industries has developed a Quality Control Records Management System (QCRM). This unique, field-adapted system captures the project-specific information for entry in the project travelers to document compliance. QCRM tracks by line: number, service, design specifications, pressure, temperature; select the WPS and it enters the Essential Variables.
The Quality Control Records Management System (QCRM) can capture NDE, PWHT, hardness testing requirements, bolting data, coatings and numerous other project-specific quality requirements to document compliance. A punch list module is available for system restoration after testing.
We maintain and continuously update our Construction Procedures Manual containing the numerous quality system programs and procedures we utilize in the varied industries where we work, including: power, co-generation, oil refineries, bio-fuels, chemical plants, pharmaceutical and food processing facilities.
The following is a list of Quality Manuals available to our Project Teams:
- Q-1 Quality System for the Construction, Alteration, and Repair of: Boiler, Boiler External Piping and Division 1 Pressure Vessels; Fourth Edition. (S, U, R & PP)
- Q-2 Quality Control Field Procedures Manual for ASME B31.1 Power Piping (outside the scope of ASME Section 1) and ASME B31.3 Process Piping.
- Q-2 FPM Quality System for ASME B31.1 Power Piping (outside the scope of ASME Section 1) and ASME B31.3 Process Piping.
- Q-3 Quality Control Fabrication and Inspection Manual for Welding of Stainless Tubing in the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industries (ANSI /ASME BPE and ASME B31.3 Process Piping)
- Q-4 Quality System for Instrumentation and Controls (Instrument Society of America (ISA)
- Q-5 Quality Control Manual for (ASME B31.9) Building Services Piping (outside the scope of ASME Section 1 and ASME B31.1 Power Piping and B31.3 Process Piping).
Scheck Industries has a reputation for technical excellence in the welding field. We have qualified welding procedures covering all materials, including high chrome alloys, P91 steels, titanium, nickel alloys, inconel, monel and aluminum.
Scheck Industries employs only highly skilled and qualified welders experienced in all the various processes deployed in the field, such as SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW and automatic GTAW tube welding for the food and pharmaceutical industries. Our mobile testing facility can be on site within hours of project notification.
Quality system administration begins in our corporate office located in Countryside, IL. Each regional or branch office has an operations QC supervisor who reports to the corporate quality manager in Countryside. These operations QC supervisors enable our project managers, supervisors, and craftsmen to provide the technical information necessary to meet code and customer requirements. Our experienced QC supervisors and QC inspectors provide on-site assurance that all procedures are followed and inspections are completed competently and promptly.